Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Time For A Change..

...for real this time. Man, looking back at my previous posts I've promised myself to lose weight for over a year now and I've done nothing but gain. On the Biggest Loser, they always say that there is something deeper to your weight gain. I think I believe that, but I don't know what it is in my case. All I know is that I'm not happy. I think everyone around me can see that. With the New Year quickly approaching MY NEW YEARS RESOLUTION is to LOSE WEIGHT. It has to be for real this time. I want to be happy and active again. I want to be a better wife and mother. I want to look good for my husband. I want to feel good and be confident and have no worries when I go out in public.
I've set my goal and official start date for 2 Jan. We have a big family get together on 1 Jan and there will be TONS of temptations there, I know. I don't want to disappoint myself right from the get-go. My biggest temptation is definitely carbonated beverages. Like I've said before I can't stand water....it has no flavor. That's where I get most of my calories though. I'll have soda for breakfast and no food. Then I'm starving by lunch so I eat a lot and wash it all down with a TALL glass of.....pop. IT's disgusting when I think about it. I've never really thought of it to be addicting but, obviously, it is. I"m slowly learning all of the harmful effects it has on me, and anyone really, as well. Just ask my husband....well don't cuz he'll probably tell you and that's a Switzerland secret! Shhhhh!
Now just to find the time for my workouts! It's tough with 2 needy little girls and a very busy husband with a quickly approaching thesis due date. If there is anyone out there that would be up for watching these 2 needy little girls for a couple hours a couple times a week I could definitely use your service! I'll still have soccer on Monday and Thursday nights and basketball Friday mornings. I feel so sorry for those on my soccer team...I'm soooo out of shape. I hope I don't blow it for ya'll.
I'd like to get up early and make use of our treadmill as well (I'll have to start going to bed earlier so I can actually get up!)Gym...maybe in early afternoon or late evening. Meals will be tough as well....my girls and my husband aren't big on veggies. I'll probably have to fix them something that will tempt me while I munch on a salad or something. I don't know, it's going to be trying that's for sure. It has to be done this time though. No if's, and's or but's about it!
Have you ever had someone ask you if you were pregnant and you really weren't? Well, I have on several occasions. It really makes me want to cry and slap (maybe punch) those people for being so intruding. YEah, I'm fat and I know it. I also do look pregnant b/c of all of the scar tissue build up from my c-section(S) that cause a "muffin top" look and then with my massively split abdomens from my first baby and all of my organs protruding out.........it makes me look extra fat/pregnant. IT sucks and b/c of that it will be extra work. More than likely a lot of work that won't show actual results for quite a while, which I think is why I tend to give up so early all the time. Although I might start to lose weight it's not showing anywhere and it's soooo frustrating.
Well, this is turning into a book. I just wanted to get this down so it will help motivate me to press on an get the "job" done. My GOAL is to lose 20 pounds before we move. YEah, that's a lot to do in 3 months. I'll getter done :)
Ultimate goal: LOSE 50 lbs by October for my bro's wedding and another baby Huber?????
Wish me luck!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brookie...Don't be so hard on yourself. love you, grandma

Anonymous said...

Brooke,
Well, you know that I'm right there
with you. I agree with gma though,
you can't be that hard on yourself.
I have set the same date though so
we can be phone buddies when we feel temptations calling us to the
fridge/pantry. Remember too that it is not always what you eat but the amount.
Love ya,Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Brooke,
If you want to we could email reports back and forth. My goals are about the same. I thought about 10 pounds for January, and then 30 by June and 40 by August, for my bro in law wedding and our 10th anniversary. It is hard, it is so easy to put the kids and hubby first. I know you can do it.
Good Luck
Crystal