I'm going to start using this to mark my ups, downs, whatever kind of progress I might be making. I'll try to do it every Friday to keep a weekly record. My GOAL is to lose 35 pounds by MAY (it would obviously be great if I can do that even quicker) and then to my ideal weight by the end of the summer next year. I think this is very doable if I keep my mind set on my goal and to be a healthier person. I know if I can do this that I will be happier, more myself, and be a better mother and wife. I can't wait to start shedding these pounds!!!!
Friday, October 17, 2008
The Start of a New ME
So, after 2 pregnancies I've gained quite a bit of weight and have a huge diastasis. What is a diastasis, you might ask? *Diastasis is a separation of the two halves of the rectus abdominis muscle in the middle of our belly that sometimes occurs during pregnancy. You can check for it by lying on your back with your knees bent. Place your fingertips 1 to 2 inches below your bellybutton, fingers pointing toward your feet. Lift your head as high as you can and see if you feel a ridge protruding from the midline of your abdomen - that's diastasis.* Mine is 4 finger widths apart.....probably the worst that it can be......and makes me look like I am 5 months pregnant with my big bulge of organs protruding out! There are some exercises that I can do, which will hopefully get my abdominal muscles back together. This won't happen overnight though.....most likely it will be at least a year.
I'm going to start using this to mark my ups, downs, whatever kind of progress I might be making. I'll try to do it every Friday to keep a weekly record. My GOAL is to lose 35 pounds by MAY (it would obviously be great if I can do that even quicker) and then to my ideal weight by the end of the summer next year. I think this is very doable if I keep my mind set on my goal and to be a healthier person. I know if I can do this that I will be happier, more myself, and be a better mother and wife. I can't wait to start shedding these pounds!!!!
I'm going to start using this to mark my ups, downs, whatever kind of progress I might be making. I'll try to do it every Friday to keep a weekly record. My GOAL is to lose 35 pounds by MAY (it would obviously be great if I can do that even quicker) and then to my ideal weight by the end of the summer next year. I think this is very doable if I keep my mind set on my goal and to be a healthier person. I know if I can do this that I will be happier, more myself, and be a better mother and wife. I can't wait to start shedding these pounds!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good for you Brooke! I wish you the best of luck and know that you can do it!!! I have faith in you and know that you are very determined!
Love
~Kim
Post a Comment